Thursday, February 21, 2008

Monkey Bread!!!

So my little monkey and I made monkey bread yesterday. He got this little activity book from his Great grandma for his birthday and there was a recipe for Monkey bread and it has pictures for everything you need. So Grayson and Ben and I went to the store and Grayson took his book and read off everything we needed and we got all the ingredients. It was really cute. We came home and Grayson wanted his apron on and we got to cooking. I will put the recipe after the pictures. It is quick and easy and fun for the kids.





MONKEY BREAD
  • 1 stick (1/2 cup) room temp butter
  • 1-3/4 cup self rising flour
  • 1/2 cup soft brown sugar
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 3 bananas
preheat oven to 350,
mix butter and flour until they are like bread crumbs
then add sugar and raisins and stir
then beat in egg and honey
in a separate bowl mash bananas
then stir in bananas
Spray a loaf pan and spoon in batter
cook for one hour.

****if you want to make Monkey muffins just put batter in muffin pans. And cook for 15-20 min.

2 comments:

Susie H said...

Samantha, that sounds like SO much fun to mix up! Will have to try it with Lily. She's got her own cutie pie apron, that I picked up at Myriad. It's so cute, I may even go get the grownup one to wear instead of my denim one :)

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

how cute are y'all!! I bet you are making some fun memories for all of you!

Sounds yummy!