Thursday, March 06, 2008

Scotland and Scarlet Fever!!

My friend Jen and I went o Scotland for the weekend and had a great time saw a bunch of sites in a world wind tour. I got back Sunday night around 10 pm and wasn't home five minutes before we got in the car and headed to the ER. Turns out Grayson came down with Scarlet fever!! Very scary. I have never seen him in so much pain head to toe. I had to take him to an ENT appt. a few days later to find that that Doc realized he was on the wrong meds. Crazy stuff going on but
We think the second round of Antibiotics is working for Grayson. Yesterday morning he was still pretty rough and we went to the Doc for a check up the Doc said if it wasn't Scarlet fever than it was some Kawasaki disease Because he has three out of 5 major symptoms. Neither option sounded great to me but by yesterday afternoon he was happy and running around and playing again. We got him to eat a whole scrambled egg and that was like 20 bottles of coke for because we couldn't get him settled down to go to sleep last night but that is a fight I would rather have them him going to sleep so fast because he is so sick. So I think we are on the right path and that just makes me feel so good right now. He really wants to go to school. But Strep and chicken pox are going around there so I am going to wait until Monday before I take him back he still needs a few more days to get his energy back. He still can't eat a whole lot and everything is really sore in his mouth though but we are getting there.

Beginning of the first day in Edinburgh

Somewhere in Scotland by the Three sisters mountains

Just before the Edinburgh Castle

Loch Ness

My favorite Pic in Edinburgh

2 comments:

Susie H said...

Oh, Samantha, your pics are making me so jealous. My best friend is coming at the end of the month and she would love to go to Scotland for family history stuff. I hope we can make it work to go!!

Poor Grayson - sending healthy vibes his way. I think you're so right to keep him home a whole longer - his resistance must be superlow afte this!

Hugs,

Anonymous said...

Poor little peanut!! That poor boy has been through so much!! What a little trooper!

LOVE the pictures....I love the last picture!!